2014/12/14

Bookmas Day 14:
Christmas Recommendations

Christmas time brings many things, among them Christmas themed books. Here are five I would recommend for the festive season!


This book is about a young boy who finds a strange advent calendar in a bookshop, and when he opens the first, a piece of paper falls out. On it is the beginning of a story.

The cool thing about this book is that it is kind of an advent calendar in itself, as there is one chapter for every day from the 1st of December to the 24th, so you can read one each day.


Christmas and winter is the time when I read Harry Potter for the first time, as I always got the books for Christmas. I like rereading this particular one around Christmas specifically because during the Christmas Holiday at Hogwarts a lot of the students stay at school and the Yule ball is held on Christmas Day.


This is a heart wrenching story about a girl out on a cold December night who cannot go home until she's sold all her matches. This little story is tragic and beautiful and definitely worth a read this time of year.

A classic tale I couldn't not include. This particular one is an illustrated version for children. If you're unaware, this is the story of four children and their journey to Narnia, a magical land trapped in forever winter.


I have vague memories of reading this at the library in my school when I was a kid... This is a book without words, and about a little boy who builds a snowman that comes to life.
Ah, if I had the time, I would read every one all over again.





SHARE:
© The Book Castle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig