2014/12/03

Bookmas Day 3:
Gift Guide I

So, it's time for the first and perhaps most important gift guide: books! I thought about saving this for last, but as I guess some of you may do some online Christmas shopping and things take time this time of year, we're doing this one first.

I have divided up this in genres to get a little bit of everything and most likely something for everyone. I've written very briefly what they're about, but I have read and loved all of these books, so I can vouch for them!
Historical Fiction

A double perspective story about a young, blind French girl and a Nazi youth from Germany during World War II.
Crime/Mystery

Set in London, Cormoran Strike is set to solve the gruesome murder of the author Owen Quine.
Graphic Novel

A creepy compilation of five haunting tales.
Young Adult

This is very relatable story of a girl who lives her life online.
Fantasy

This is about a young art student in Prague who works for a monster called Brimstone in another world.
High Fantasy

The story of Kvothe and how he became the most notorious wizard the world has ever seen.
Science Fiction

A tale of a mentally disabled man who enters an experiment that might cure him.

Supernatural

One of the best books I've ever read, this is New York in the 1920's, and the ghost of a serial killer must be stopped before he returns to life.
Classic

Fitzgeralds classic story about a man who's life is completely built up to reclaim the woman of his dreams.
Funny

Hilarious book about, as the title says, weird things customers say in bookshops.
Children's Literature

One of my all time favourite books, this is the story of Mary, who moves to live with her Uncle in England and discovers a secret garden.

To Collect
Penguin Christmas Classics

These are some of the most beautiful books I own, and I have actually bought these as a Christmas present this year... for myself! Penguin has released five in this cover series, and I think any one of them would make an excellent present for any booklover.

I just can't get over these covers!

SHARE:
© The Book Castle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig