2016/08/23

TOP 5:
NONFICTION BOOKS I WANT TO READ III

It's time to look at some more nonfiction from my TBR! I've been reaching for so much nonfiction this year and keeping adding tons to my list of books to read, so I thought I would share some with you.

The New Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration in the Age of Colorblindness by Michelle Alexander


This is a book about incarceration in America, a land deemed colorblind, and yet most of the people behind bars are black. I find this topic very interesting, so I can't wait to read this one.

Fearless Girls, Wise Women and Beloved Sisters: Heroines in Folktales from Around the World by Kathleen Ragan


The title says it all. What I'm most intrigued by is that it looks at tales from many different countries and cultures.

In Search of Buddha's Daughters: A Modern Journey Down Ancient Roads by Christine Toomey


A journalist vividly reports on her two year global journey with women across the world who dedicates their lives of buddhism.

Elizabeth: The Forgotten Years by John Guy


Apparently this is a groundbreaking book that sees our favorite Tudor queen Elizabeth in a new light. Who doesn't love a bit of female power in 16th century?

The Morning They Came For Us: Dispatches from Syria by Janine Di Giovanni


Tales from ordinary people in Syria through one of the most brutal conflicts in recent history. I think this will be heartbreaking but important.

Do you have any nonfiction books on your TBR?

SHARE:
© The Book Castle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig